When you upgrade from one version of FlexPricer to the latest from AppExchange, Salesforce treats the installation slightly differently to a new installation.
After you perform an upgrade, you may need to make changes to your FlexPricer Settings page, app tabs and page layouts as shown below.
If you’d like to see suggested layouts for pages, feel free to visit AppExchange and try the FlexPricer Trial. You’ll receive a pre-configured Salesforce organisation that includes FlexPricer pre-installed and configured. You can use this to assess changes that you may like to make in your Salesforce organisation.
- Visit FlexPricer’s AppExchange Listing
- Press the Get It Now button
- Select Continue as Guest
- Enter your details on the pop-up form – remembering to create a unique Salesforce username.
- You’ll then receive login details to a 7-day trial of Salesforce with preconfigured FlexPricer.
FlexPricer Settings Page
- By default, all new features are disabled. You must explicitly enable a feature that you wish to use on the FlexPricer Settings page after you have completed your upgrade.
- Existing settings are left untouched during the upgrade process.
- Like all AppExchange Apps, when your current FlexPricer ‘App’ – that’s the drop-down list in the top right of the page in Classic, or in the 9-dot selection list at the far right of navigation in Lightning – is upgraded, the ‘App’ is left untouched.
- This means that you do not automatically see any new tabs that are provided in the app.
- To resolve this, check the list of available tabs and add them to your App. As of March 2020, FlexPricer include 18 tabs:
- FlexPricer Settings (visualforce page)
- Account Groups
- Billing Schedule (future use)
- Bundle Price
- Client Price
- Client Volume Price
- Finance Schedule
- Group Member
- Group Relationship
- Matrix Price Adjustments
- Product Groups
- Quantity Rate
- Related Product (Upsell/downsell/crosssell/compatible/incompatible products)
- Subscription (note that Salesforce also have a standard tab called Subscription, so be careful to pick the right one!)
- Volume Price
- When FlexPricer is installed, new page layouts are created for the new custom objects that are created. No changes are made to standard object page layouts.
- When FlexPricer is upgraded
- No changes are made to standard object page layouts, nor custom object page layouts that existed before the upgrade
- New page layouts are provided for any new custom object created during the upgrade process