What is Guided Upsell for Salesforce Products and Why is it Useful
Guided Up-Sell for Salesforce Products allows you to connect a range of products from low-value to high-value and then pro-actively offer the sales user an easy way to swap out the product that they have selected for a customer with the next up in the range.
The feature also empowers you to offer down-sell and cross-sell options for any given product.
For example we have a range of espresso machines: Lux, Compact, Modern and Traditional. If a user adds an Espresso Modern coffee machine to an Opportunity, then they are automatically offered Up/Down/Cross-Sell options:
- Up-Sell:option of ‘Traditional’ – top of the range product
- Down-Sell: option of ‘Compact’ – a cheaper model
- Cross-Sell option of ‘Coffee Grinder Lux’ – a complementary product
To accept either of the options, simply click the Product button
to swap with either the Up/Down/Cross-Sell product.
Use Up-Sell to proactively offer the sales team higher-value products to offer to customers and increase the value of an opportunity.
Use Down-Sell instead of discounting products to achieve a sale without compromising your pricing strategy
Use Cross-Sell to offer complementary products related to the selected product.
How to Setup Guided Upsell
- Go to the FlexPricer Settings page
- Under the ‘Sales Empowerment’ section check the box to Enable Up/Down/Cross-Sell and click Save
- Go to Setup > Search (type Product) > Product > Page Layouts > Edit
- Under the Product Page Layout add the related list ‘Related Products’
- Next to the Related Products related list, click on the spanner and select Related Product, Up-sell, Down-sell and Cross-sell fields
- Click Save and Yes to override users’ customisations