What are Time-Limited Discounts for Salesforce Products and Why are they Useful?
Time-Limited Discounts automatically apply a percentage discount to a product between certain dates. This means that you can easily pre-configure any product discount campaigns so that discounts kick-in on the right date and stop being offered when the campaign ends.
So, if you have, for example, a Summer promotion of 10% off a certain range of products, and the campaign kicks off on 1st June and ends 30th September – you can pre-configure the 10% discount on the relevant products to start on the campaign start date and end when the campaign ends.
FlexPricer will automatically apply the discount to line items if they are added to opportunities or quotes between the pre-configured discount dates.
How to Setup Time-Limited Discounts for Salesforce Products
- Add the following fields to your Product page layout
- Dated Product Discount
- Discount From
- Discount To
How to Use Time-Limited Discountsfor Salesforce Products
- Set a percentage in the Dated Product Discount field
- Set a date in the Discount From product field – this means that the product will be automatically discounted when added as a line item to an opportunity or quote on or after the specified date
- Set a date in the Discount To product field – this means that the product will be being automatically discounted when added as a line item to an opportunity or quote until the specified date
- Time-Limited Discounts works with Dynamic Account Price List too!