What are Account Pricebooks and Why are they Useful?
Account Pricebooks enables you to set a pricebook for a customer so that you always have the right pricebook for the right customer. There is no need for your sales team to repeatedly pick the same pricebook whenever they create an opportunity for an account.
You set a pricebook on an account and that pricebook is to be used on
all new opportunities created for that account.
In the below example, we’ve set the Account Pricebook on the “Take-a-break” account to “Franchise Pricebook”. Now, if a sales user creates a new opportunity for Take-a-break, the pricebook automatically uses the “Franchise Pricebook”.
Account Pricebooks save time, reduce risk of the wrong pricebook
being used and makes it easier and faster for your sales team to
sell at the right price for every product, every time.
Setup Account Pricebooks
- Go to the FlexPricer Settings page
- Under the ‘Platform’ section check the box to Enable Account Pricebook > Save
- Go to Setup > Search (type Account) > Account > Page Layouts > Edit
- Under the Account Page Layout add the ‘Account Pricebook’ field
- Click Save and Yes to override users’ customisations.