What is Target Total and Why is it Useful
Target Total has previously been called Target Discounted Total and Total Price Revisions. If your version of Flexpricer is using this older terminology, update from AppExchange to get the latest functionality.
Target Total makes it simple to agree a single price to cover all the products of an opportunity and to apportion the same discount or same percentage Sales Price increase across them all.
Rather than your sales team heavily discounting one product, which disproportionately affects the profitability of that product, Target Total spreads the discount across all the products on the opportunity.
If, for example, we have an opportunity with 5 products with a value of £2,949.00 and negotiate a deal with the customer to purchase these for £2,800.00, simply type ‘2800’ into the Target Total box and click Apply.
The opportunity value is set to £2,800.00 and the same discount is applied to all products to reach that value.
Target Total can also be used to increase Sales Prices. Entering a Target Total that is above the current total will apply a proportionate price increase across all line items.
If you wish to remove the adjustments made by Target Total, just click the Undo button to remove it. The adjustments to Sales Price and Discounts by Target Total are automatically removed whenever you make a change to the value of the opportunity or quote by adding, removing or editing existing line items.
Target Total helps you to trust your sales data more, with opportunity discounts and price increases being shared across all products, and empowers your sales team to agree a total price, without having to work out a discount percentage and choose one product to discount.
Setup Target Total
- Visit Flexpricer Settings page and check the box marked Enable Target Total
Using Target Total
- Go to the Opportunity for which you would like to revise the total price
- Edit the “Target Total” field to reflect the new price and press ‘Apply’ – you can enter a figure either higher or lower than the value of the line items
- The discount will be automatically calculated and shared across all eligible line items (i.e. those without a Price Lock)
- To undo the discount, either click the ‘Undo’ button or make a change to the total by adding, editing or removing line items.
Important Information about Target Total
- If you use Target Total to reduce the value of line items, a discount is applied (i.e. the Salesforce standard Discount field is used) and a down-arrow is displayed next to the Target Total figure. If you wish to increase the value of line items using Target Total having previously used Target Total to reduce the value, then you must Undo the reductions first.
- If you use Target Total to increase the price of line items, the Sales Price of the line items is adjusted and an up-arrow is displayed next to the Target Total figure. If you wish to decrease the value of line items using Target Total having previously used Target Total to increase the value, then you must Undo the increases first.