AVAILABLE IN FLEXPRICER v1.18
What are Percentage Discount Products and Why are they Useful
Percentage Discount Products enable your sales users and managers to apply a discount line item to opportunities and quotes.
By specifying a percentage discount as a negative-value line item (rather than as a discount to individual products), a ‘whole of opportunity’ discount can appear as a separate item on your quotes/proposals/invoices.
As your sales users and manager change their percentage discounts, so the negative-value line item amount dynamically changes based on the products on the opportunity.
Consider the scenarios…
- You want to send quotes that have a discount shown as a separate line item, Percentage Discount Products solves this
- You would like users and managers to have separate line items so that you can show customers escalated levels of discount that you’re offering
- Discounts are automatically calculated as a percentage of all items on the opportunity/quote, so represent the true amount of discount rather than simply seeing a percentage number
Use Percentage Discount Products to set a product as a
line item discount on an opportunity or quote, so that you can show customers
a line on a quote, proposal or invoice that represents an additional discount
given by a Sales User or Manager.
Setup Percentage Discount Products
- Go to FlexPricer Settings page
- Check the Activation check box next to the Percentage Discount Products line in the Sales Empowerment section
- Check the checkbox next to User Discount and specify the product to add as the Percentage Discount Product for Users in the User Discount product lookup
- Check the checkbox next to Manager Discount to use Manager Discounts and specify the product to add as the Percentage Discount Product for Managers in the Manager Discount product lookup
- Press Save
Using Percentage Discount Products
- Open FlexPricer user interface
- Below the Total Amount box is either a User Discount link or Manager Discount link or both.
Click on the link and enter a discount into the data entry box
- The User Discount amount data entry box is accessible to users with the FlexPricer (User) Permission Set
- The Manager Discount amount data entry box is accessible to users with the FlexPricer (Manager) Permission Set
- Users with the FlexPricer (Admin) Permission Set have access to both User Discount and Manager Discount data entry boxes.
Important Notes on Percentage Discount Products
- Products specified as Percentage Discount Products in FlexPricer Settings are excluded from product search results in the FlexPricer user interface
- In the Settings page, the User Discount product and Manager Discount product should be different to avoid unexpected behaviour in the FlexPricer interface.