VERY IMPORTANT: FlexPricer requires Quotes to be enabled in your Salesforce organisation prior to installation
To enable quotes in your Salesforce organisation:
- Go to Setup > Search and type ‘Quotes‘
- Click on Quote Settings
- Check the box to enable Quotes
Enabling quotes will not change any functionality within your existing Salesforce organisation. The feature is simply not enabled by default by Salesforce.
Note: If you subsequently decide to uninstall FlexPricer, you can choose to disable quotes again.
Please use the following video as a guide on how to install
FlexPricer Settings Page
To access the FlexPricer Settings Page, open the FlexPricer App and select the FlexPricer Settings tab. The page looks like this…
After installing FlexPricer, it’s important to complete the post-installation steps so that your users can utilise the FlexPricer interface and all the features of the app that you choose to enable.
Please note that as we have renamed certain features and regrouped them, the grouping in your FlexPricer instance may differ from the grouping below. Please refer to the Legacy Naming Guide for more details.
Making Selling Simpler Features
These are the features that make life as a sales user easier, but they don’t make any pricing or line item changes.
- Real Time Interface offering real-time edits & updates before saving,
- Customisable Quick Search finds the right product fast using your own search field and display criteria
- Custom Fields Support allows you to embed your won opportunity product and quote line item custom fields in the real-time interface to capture additional relevant information.
- Customisable Product Cards display more details from search and store favourites to quick add to the opportunity
- Rapid Product Quantities will quickly add predetermined quantities of your products from the Product Cards area
- Favourite Products allow individual sales users to select up to 12 products that appear as their own first product cards, provided they are in the selected pricebook
- Quote Launcher allows the sales user to launch a Salesforce-like quote template from the FlexPricer interface
- Default Quantities allow you to configure different default quantities for each product
- Notifications provide instant, in-browser, notifications of useful sales intelligence
- Advanced Precision enable users to view and save product prices and line items by increasing the number of decimal places
Simple Guided Selling Features
These features offer and suggest ways for sales users to sell more profitably and accurately configure your products.
- Up/Down-Sell recommends suitable alternative products based on existing line items
- Cross-Sell to display additional products that could be sold alongside existing quote line items
- Simple Product Configurator pops up a window with the product and default options to allow you to take your Opportunity and Quote Line Items to another level
- Guided Product Bundles automatically add related products to an opportunity based on the products you’ve selected
- Target Discounted Total allows your sales users to revise the opportunity total amount and automatically spread the discount proportionately across the products
- Compatible Products highlight products that are compatible (or incompatible) with others
These features automatically amend prices and discounts based on information configured on – or related to – Account records.
- Account Pricebooks set pricebooks by accounts rather than opportunities so each time a client orders, you use the right pricebook
- Account Discount guarantee a standardised discount to all opportunities on any given account
- Bespoke Account Pricing lock-in agreed product prices or discounts for different clients – so they always get their agreed price – also includes expiry dates!
- Bespoke Account Products make products specific to an Account (or Customer) so that they only appear in search results for their associated accounts
- Segmented Account Pricing changes the sales price of groups of products for groups of customers
- Dynamic Account Pricelist allows you to search or download a dynamically generated Account price list that includes bespoke products and pricing without having to create a pricebook for each Account
These features amend prices and discounts, plus suggest/recommend/control other line items based on information configured on – or related to – Product records
- Fixed Product Bundles generate more profit by grouping products together to sell at a special bundle price
- Volume Pricing and Discounts offer discounts for larger orders at certain volume breaks and encourage up-selling
- Quantity Price Breaks apply tiered discounts based on the quantity of products added to an opportunity or quote
- Percentage Pricing empower you to price a product dynamically based on the value of other products on the opportunity or quote
- Time-Limited Availability allows products to only become available for a time-limited period between a start date and end date
- Time-Limited Discounts automatically apply a discount to a product when that product is added to an opportunity between the discount start date and discount end date
- Percentage Discount Products add a negative-value line item to opportunities and quotes
- Quantity Rates and Multipliers enable you to price per thousand or other denomination, as suits your product range
- Dimensional Quantities – creates an automatic calculation of square/cubic measurements when quantities are driven by dimensions
- Exclusion Strategies allow you to exclude certain products from search, account discount and account price lists
And last, but by no means least, features designed to control and highlight costs and profit margins.
- Profit Calculator to give you instant visibility of product and opportunity/quote margins when adding line items
- Finance Schedules spread opportunity amount between start and end dates on line items to distribute revenue across different months based on number of days in the month
- Price Lock for Salesforce Products prevents a user from changing the sales price of an individual product when they have permissions to change all sales prices
- Segmented Account Pricing allow you to control pricing of groups of Products for groups of Accounts with simple administration