Consolidate Prices for Master & Option Products for Proposals or Quotes in Salesforce
When using Flexpricer’s Configurator, it’s really easy to set up a master product and its associated options.
However, sometimes you may wish to display the consolidated amount of the product INCLUDING the options.
This free Flexpricer® Labs Extension contains a series of formula fields and roll-up summaries (one each for Opportunity and Quote objects) that introduce a new field – Consolidated Price – that can be used on quote templates and proposals.
The Consolidated Price fields displays…
- The Total Price of Master Product plus Options — on the Master Product Line Item
- Blank on the Option Product Line Items
- Total Price on all other Line Items
- Supports Professional Edition and above
- 6 Custom Fields
- Unmanaged Package that you can customise/change as you need
- This extension only works when there is ONE Configurator Master Product and its options on an opportunity/quote. When there are multiple Master Configurator products and options, the fields display the total of all Master Products and Options – a more complex (using apex code) solution would likely be required.
Installation and Usage
You can install this free, unmanaged extension using the link below.
- Production Install Link: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t08000000HhBp
- Sandbox Install Link: https://test.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t08000000HhBp
How it Works
- Is Master or Option formula field on OLI and QLI is checked if the line item is either the Master Product OR if it is an Option Product
- Master and Option Amount roll-up summary field on Opportunity and Quote displays the sum of line items where the Is Master or Option formula field is checked
- Consolidated Price formula field on OLI and QLI displays either
- Master and Option Amount — if the line item is Master Product
- Blank — if the line item is a Product Option
- Total Price — if the line item is neither Master Product nor Product Option
Note that this extension works when there is ONE Configurator Master Product and its options on an opportunity/quote. When there are multiple Master Configurator products and options, the fields display the total of all Master Products and Options and this extension may not be suitable.