Subscription Contract Field Sync with Contracted, Amendment and Renewal Opportunity in Salesforce
When Flexpricer creates a new Subscription Contract, you may wish to pass data fields from the Contracted Opportunity over to the Contract.
Or, when you create an Amendment Opportunity you might wish for some Contract fields to be pulled from the Contract to the new Opportunity.
Or, when Flexpricer creates a Renewal Opportunity, you might wish for some of the Contract fields to get pulled from the Contract to the new Opportunity.
Well, happy days!
This Flexpricer® Labs Extension will help you on your way using Process Builder.
Contained within this package is one process, two sample fields and a permission set for them to sync data between Opportunities and Contracts.
In this case the fields are named ‘FLE 08 Example Field (Opp)’ on Opportunity and ‘FLE 08 Example Field (Contract)’ on Contract.
You can and should create your own fields as these are just examples. It would make sense for the fields you’re mapping/syncing between the objects to be the same data type (e.g. text, number, checkbox etc.).
Contracted Prices are a great way to lock in a particular price for a particular product for a particular account until a particular date. And when you’ve got through that mouthful, the question you’re left with – so how do I do that?
The extension page is UNMANAGED, which means you can edit and change the components as you need.
- Supports Professional Edition and above
- 2 Custom Fields
- 1 Processes (Process Builder)
- 1 Permission Set
Installing this package will not make any changes to your page layouts. You’ll need to update layouts to include the fields.
Installation and Usage
You can install this free, unmanaged extension using the link below. You need to ensure that Vision Product Selector / Flexpricer is already installed in your org.
- Production Install Link: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t8d0000001enW
- Sandbox Install Link: https://test.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t8d0000001enW
Custom Fields on Opportunity
- FLE 08 Example Field (Opp)
A checkbox whose value will be set on a newly created Subscription Contract and pulled from a Subscription Contract when an Amendment Opportunity is created.
Custom Fields on Contract
- FLE 08 Example Field (Contract)
A checkbox whose value will be set by a Contracted Opportunity or an Amendment Opportunity when the Create/Update Subscription checkbox is checked on Opportunity.
- FLE 08 Opportunity
- This process performs updates asynchronously. This means that updates to fields occur a few seconds after the entry criteria are met, with the time taken to perform the update dictated by Salesforce’s back-end scheduling performance.
- When a Contracted Opportunity has a Subscription Contract in the Contract lookup AND the Create/Update Subscription checkbox is TRUE, then copy the value FROM FLE 08 Example Field (Opp) TO FLE 08 Example Field (Contract)
- When an Amendment Opportunity has a Subscription Contract in the Contract lookup AND the Create/Update Subscription checkbox is FALSE, then copy the value FROM FLE 08 Example Field (Contract) TO FLE 08 Example Field (Opp)
- When a Renewal Opportunity has Is Renewed is TRUE, Original Contract lookup is populated and the Create/Update Subscription checkbox is FALSE, then copy the value FROM FLE 08 Example Field (Contract) TO FLE 08 Example Field (Opp)
- The permission set Flexpricer® Extension 08 gives access to the fields contained with the package